[Random] / [Donate] / [Music]
Mysterious Mose
0 replies

I've always had a soft spot for puppetry. Puppetry really was the first version of CGI. Sure, there's also stop motion (and I like stop motion animation as well) but I've always admired puppeteers and their craft in general.

"Mysterious Mose" is a song from the 1930 but, here, it's been given the music video treatment. In this rendition, it has a definite Halloween vibe with an indie production and aesthetic. This video is the type of thing you'd see back when cable access channels (think of them as "Youtube before Youtube was Youtube") still existed.

The lighting, puppetry, animation and even stop motion animation work really well together. It's creepy but not too creepy and even though you see the support wires and rods for the puppets, you can also tell that a lot of hard work went into the production.

This song also reminds me of the early Internet. I have no idea if this particular link is the same one that I used well over a decade ago but it doesn't matter. If anything, this video looks fairly crisp compared to what I remembered it as.

Listening to this song again and watching the video makes me feel old. It also makes me feel sad. The Internet, quite frankly, has moved on and something odd like this is old hat for an Internet that has an endless capacity to weird people out in all sorts of imaginative ways.

But it is a catchy tune and it has nice production values for what it offers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2rjEUpmzow

Fri Apr 05 2024 17:42:30 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Banner
View All Banners
New reply!
Title:
Content:
Kaomoji:
Captcha:
Submit: